What Is It Like to Take a Course Online?
Explore one of our hundreds of online courses by watching this video:
BMCC Students Really Like Learning Online
When online students were asked what they thought of their online learning experience, 75% felt satisfied or very satisfied with their experience and 87% plan to take another online course in the future.
Watch as students talk about their online learning experiences here at BMCC:
E-Learning Courses Are Not Easier Than In-person Courses
Online courses are just as demanding as face-to-face classes. Each online and hybrid course is equivalent to the face-to-face version of the course and carries the same number of credits, covers the same subject matter, and is taught by a member of the BMCC faculty.
To do well in online courses, you must be:
- Comfortable using computers and basic software programs
- Willing to devote considerable time to class readings
- Capable of expressing your ideas in writing
- Able to follow instructions for assignments
- Disciplined in keeping up with the reading and coursework
- Prepared to submit timely assignments