Program dates: May 26 to July 20, 2022
Application period opens: December 15, 2021
Application deadline: March 1, 2022
Decision notification letters will be sent to applicants in April.
Who Should Apply
- U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, or permanent residents of the United States
- Undergraduate students enrolled full time in a STEM program for at least one additional semester following the summer of 2022
- Those with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher at their current college by January 2022
- Minority, women, and first-generation college students are encouraged to apply
- Documents Required
- Application form
- Resume or CV
- A reference letter from a professor familiar with your academic performance
- REU application essay documenting interest in pursuing a STEM career (300 words maximum)
- Signed letter of commitment
- Unofficial transcripts
- Select 2 projects of interest
- Convert all the documents to PDF
How To Apply
- REU Application
- If you are a BMCC student: Log in to the application through the BMCC Portal as outlined below.
- If you are a Non-BMCC student: First, create an account; then log in to the application as outlined below.
- REU Application
STEP 1: Go to www.bmcc.cuny.edu
STEP 2: Click “BMCC Portal” on the top right side of the page.
STEP 3: Click on “Login” under “For Students” (your login information is your student e-mail login and password).
STEP 4: After you have logged in successfully, click on the “Scholarship Manager” icon.
STEP 5: For the REU application, disregard the scholarship criteria. Scroll down to the REU application, then click on “Start Application Now” and follow the instructions.
STEP 1: Create Account
STEP 2: Log In To REU Application
STEP 3: Scroll down to the REU application, then click on “Start Application Now” and follow the instructions.
Account Self Help
For further information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.