What is the Transfer Scholars Network (TSN)?
BMCC is collaborating with the Transfer Scholars Network to provide high-achieving BMCC students with an excellent opportunity to build relationships with admissions officers from 13 top-tier four-year institutions. When you become part of the Transfer Scholars Network, you’ll have access to:
- Personalized support navigating the transfer admissions process
- Access to admission representatives at highly selective partner colleges and universities.
- Generous financial aid packages based on need
- Evaluation of transfer credits
- An increased likelihood of admission to your dream school
Who are Transfer Scholars?
Transfer Scholars are a diverse group of outstanding community college students from across the U.S. who have been nominated by their institution for their exemplary academic and extracurricular accomplishments. Scholars have access to an invitation-only online platform to track their transfer progress. TSN is a great way for you to gain admission to top colleges in the country.
Who is eligible to join the Transfer Scholars Network?
Students nominated to participate in TSN should:
- Have only attended community college (transfer students from senior colleges are not able to join)
- Possess a minimum 3.5 GPA
- Demonstrate academic achievement (including participation in Honors courses)
- Have financial need (an adjusted gross income not exceeding $100,000)
Schools participating in the Transfer Scholars Network:
|Private Research University||Private Liberal Arts College||Private Women's College|
|Cornell University, NY||Amherst College, MA||Mount Holyoke College, MA|
|Johns Hopkins University, MD||Bowdoin College, ME||Smith College, MA|
|MIT, MA||Pomona College, CA|
|Princeton University, NJ||Swarthmore College, PA|
|Rice University, TX||Williams College, MA|
|Yale University, CT|
and more . . .
How can students join the Transfer Scholars Network?
- Compile details about academic qualifications and any other leadership, service, extracurricular, and personal experiences.
- Complete the interest form.
- If you qualify, an academic advisor will reach out to discuss the next steps in your transfer journey.
How can faculty nominate students to join the Transfer Scholars Network?
If you would like to nominate a student for participation in this program, please complete the nomination form.