You can sign up online or in-person to schedule to take the CUNY Assessment test.
What should I bring to the test?
1) Students MUST present valid photo identification in order to schedule an appointment and to be permitted into the testing session(s).
Acceptable forms of ID are:
• High School/College ID
• Driver’s License or State ID
• Permanent Resident Card
• Military ID
• Social Security number (SS card is not required)
2) Your appointment confirmation letter.
3) Students taking the CUNY Assessment Test in Writing only may bring a paperback or hardcover dictionary/thesaurus to the test. (Electronic dictionaries and calculators are not allowed)
How long do the tests take?
Allow up to 4 hours for the tests. The CUNY Assessment tests begin at the scheduled time. Latecomers will not be admitted.
Can I bring a snack or my cell phone?
All electronic devices (i.e. cellphones, tables and/or smart watches) must be completely turned off and put away. No food or beverages are permitted in the testing sessions. Class notes/individual scrap paper are not allowed (the testing office will provide exam materials including pencils & pens).
How do I Prepare for the CUNY Assessment tests (CAT)?
Here are several ways to prepare for the CUNY Assessment Tests (CAT).