- CUNY students who are accepted to a BMCC sponsored study abroad program: the student is responsible for the total program cost in addition to BMCC tuition and fees for the course.
- A BMCC student who is enrolled as a full time BMCC student and selected to the BMCC study abroad program will be responsible for 40% of the total program cost in addition to 100% of all BMCC tuition and fees for the study abroad course. BMCC program applicants who are accepted in a
study abroad program MUST pay their 40% share of program before the start of their study abroad program. Failure to make the necessary payment may result in the student being dropped from the program.
- Know BMCC College Policies: Program participants must familiarize themselves and comply with all BMCC college policies, including, for example, the BMCC student code of conduct..
- Apply for a VIsa: Well before a program’s date of departure students must obtain valid passports, if necessary, and visa, if required from the nearest U.S. Based consulate or embassy of the country to be visited.
The visa application must be done in a timely manner.
All program participants need to consult with their respective program coordinators on all issues dealing with passport applications and/or required visa(s).
- Contact the BMCC Study Abroad Office: All student applicants are required to consult the BMCC Study Abroad Office about their share of program costs and deadlines. As for program refund policies,
in case of personal and/or medical reasons, students will be required to submit proper documentation to their study abroad program coordinator
to determine whether or not a possible partial/full refund is in order and in accordance to BMCC policy..
- Group Travel: Students must travel as a group. No student or Program Coordinator may travel before or after the entire
group travels to and from its destination.