Both Scholarship and Non-Scholarship Candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- The student must be matriculated at an accredited college or university and enrolled at the time of
- The student must have completed 12 college credits and have met the prerequisites for the desired study
abroad program to be taken by the application deadline.
- Study abroad participants must have an overall GPA of 2.75 or better by the application deadline.
Complete the online Study Abroad application
- The Study Abroad Application requires two faculty letters of reference. The application asks for faculty information.
- Faculty listed in application will be sent an electronic reference form that MUST be completed online and submitted electronically by the deadline.
- All documents and the completed application must be submitted by the application deadline.
- CUNY students who are accepted to a BMCC sponsored study abroad program the student is responsible for the total program cost in addition to BMCC tuition and fees for the course.
- A BMCC student who is enrolled as a full time BMCC student and selected to the BMCC study abroad program will be responsible for 40% of the total program cost in addition to 100% of all BMCC tuition and fees for the study abroad course. BMCC program applicants who are accepted in a
study abroad program MUST pay their 40% share of program before the start of their study abroad program. Failure to make the necessary payment may result in the student being dropped from the program.
- BMCC students may only apply for one study abroad program at BMCC in a given semester, and
receive a BMCC Association Study Abroad scholarship only once.
- Program participants must familiarize themselves and comply with all BMCC college policies, including, for example, the BMCC student code of conduct..
- Well before a program’s date of departure students must obtain valid passports, if necessary, and visa, if required from the nearest U.S. Based consulate or embassy of the country to be visited.
The visa application must be done in a timely manner.
All program participants need to consult with their respective program coordinators on all issues dealing with passport applications and/or required visa(s).
- All student applicants are required to consult the BMCC Study Abroad Office about their share of program costs and deadlines. As for program refund policies,
in case of personal and/or medical reasons, students will be required to submit proper documentation to their study abroad program coordinator
to determine whether or not a possible partial/full refund is in order and in accordance to BMCC policy..
- Students must travel as a group. No student or Program Coordinator may travel before or after the entire
group travels to and from its destination.
To be eligible for BMCC Association Study Abroad scholarship, a student must be matriculated at BMCC, meet all eligibility requirements, and enrolled at the time of application. Additionally, the student must not have received a BMCC Study Abroad scholarship in a previous semester.