From filling out college admission and financial aid forms to preparing for college placement exams, the College Connections Project is here to help!
All College Connections Project services are FREE!
COLLEGE APPLICATION FEE WAIVERS (Adult Ed Participants)
The College Connections Project makes applying to college a little easier by paying eligible individual’s college application fees.
- Enrolled within the past six months in an adult education or community-based organization program or referred by SUNY Empire State College. (Examples include HSE programs; EOCs; and social service organizations.)
- Age 19+; citizen, legal permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen; and New York City address.
- Income within 150% of federal poverty guidelines.
- Not have a parent with a 4-year U.S. college degree.
- Provide proof of having completed the FAFSA and TAP financial aid applications.
The Application Fee Waiver Program can be used to apply to CUNY, which has a fee of $65/$70; to SUNY Empire State College, which has a fee of $50; and to other colleges with application fees that cannot be waived. Contact Us via phone or email to make an appointment to get an application fee waiver.
View the Application Fee Waiver Flyer & Request Form. Limited quantities are available each year and are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
ONE-ON-ONE COLLEGE ADVISING
Experts from the College Connections Project meet one-on-one with participants to provide college advising. What documents do you need to apply to college? What are the deadlines? What majors are available? We’ll answer all your questions.
“I got into York College. Thank you to everyone at the MEOC that made it possible for me to start college.” –Awa B.
Registration: Advance registration for workshops is required. Please click HERE to register.
- Getting Into–and Paying For–College: Learn about the College Connections Project and the essentials of applying to college–including to CUNY–and for financial aid.
- Preparing for College–Strategies for Success: This workshop is an overview of what to expect in your first semester of college. Whether you are starting college for the first time or re-entering after a hiatus, you will receive crucial information about academic success strategies, being financially stable before you start the academic year, and accessing student services.
- The Bottom Line–Getting Financial Aid for College: You’ll learn important financial aid terms and how to estimate the bottom line costs for YOU to go to college.
- CUNY Assessment Test Preparation Workshop: Prep for the CUNY Assessment Tests. Learn what to expect so that you can avoid remedial classes at CUNY.
Questions? Contact Us.
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION ASSISTANCE
College Connections Project financial aid experts can assist you in:
- Completing the FAFSA and TAP financial aid applications.
- Estimating your future financial aid package and the bottom line costs to college-going.
- Responding to financial aid verification requests.
Contact us via phone or email to schedule one-on-one financial aid application assistance at a computer terminal.