Financial Aid

Need Help? Questions?

Contact Us

Office Phone: 212 220-1430
Office Fax: 212-220-2368
Room: N365

Office Hours

Mon, Thurs & Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tues & Wed: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Evening hours only when classes are in session

School Codes

FAFSA Code: 002691
TAP Code: 1404

Bill Payment Information For Late Filers

When you register, you will be charged tuition and fees which will be posted to your CUNYfirst account. You must make payment arrangements with the Bursar by the posted payment deadline or your registration could be cancelled. If you have  applied for financial aid and your application has been processed by the Financial Aid Office, your pending financial aid awards will be posted to your CUNYfirst account 24 hours after your initial enrollment activity.  If your financial aid has not been processed by the time you enroll because you haven't applied for it, or you applied late, there will be no financial aid awards to post to your account. 

What Happens If I Need Financial Aid But Haven't Applied?

Although you cannot receive a financial aid credit on your tuition account if you haven’t applied for financial aid, the Bursar may be able to defer some or all of your tuition balance based on a financial aid award estimate.

How Can I Get An Award Estimate?

Step 1

File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Choose the "2014-15 FAFSA" option. Be sure to include BMCC (Federal Code # 002691) as one of your college choices. You and a parent (if required) should use PINs to sign your FAFSA electronically. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your and your parents' (if required) income information to your FAFSA.

Step 2

When you see your confirmation page, you will know your FAFSA was submitted successfully. You will automatically receive a copy of your confirmation page by email as long as you provided a valid email address on your FAFSA. On this page you will find an estimated Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number.

Step 3

After you register, take your confirmation page to the Bursar's Office bill payment area. The Bursar may be able to defer some or all of your tuition based on your estimated EFC.

What Happens Next?

The federal government will process your FAFSA and will send you an email in 3-5 days with a link to your application results, called a Student Aid Report (SAR). At any time after filing your FAFSA, you may check your application or award status at the FAFSA on the Web "Check Status" page, even if you haven't received an email notice.

If there are any problems with your application or if you are required to submit additional information to the Financial Aid Office, there wil be instuctions on what you must do poasted to your "To Do List" on your Student Sevices Center in CUNYfirst.  Even if the Busar has deferred your payment deadline with an estimate, you still must resolve any problems with your financial aid application before your award status is finalized and you receive any federal student aid funds.

How Can I Pay My Tuition Charges If I Haven't Resolved All The Problems With My SAR?

If you have received a SAR and it has an EFC, take it to the Bursar's Office bill payment area. The Bursar may be able to defer some or all of your tuition based on the estimated EFC. You will still need to resolve any problems remaining with your SAR before this estimate becomes official and you receive any funds.

[Note: Your SAR must have an EFC printed on it for the Bursar to make a deferral. Not all SARs will have an EFC, especially if there were problems processing your information.]

How Can I Get A Copy Of My SAR?

Log-on to FAFSA on the Web's "Check Status" page and select "View and Print Your Student Aid Report". You will need your Department of Education PIN to access your SAR information. If you don't know your PIN, retrieve it at the PIN website.

What If I Need A Student Loan?

Visit our Request a Federal Direct Loan page and follow the steps outlined there to complete a federal direct loan request. Your request will be processed after we have determined that:

  1. You have filed a FAFSA for the current school year
  2. The information you provided on your FAFSA is correct
  3. You have registered for at least 6 credits or the equivalent
  4. You have resolved all the financial aid items on your "To Do" list in your CUNYfirst Student Center.

The Bursar will be notified of your loan amount after your loan request is processed and the loan amount will be applied to your tuition charges.

What If I Need Another Payment Option?

The college offers an interest-free tuition payment plan for BMCC students. This plan allows you to pay a portion of your tuition now and the rest of your tuition balance in installments. Visit the TuitionPay website to enroll online or learn more about this payment option. Do this before your payment due date to insure that your classes will not be cancelled.


  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version|Make this web site talk|Suggestions