Who may qualify for a Merit Scholarship?
To qualify you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be a resident of New York City
- Graduate from a New York City high school with at least an 80 College Academic Average (CAA) average
- Have passed at least twelve college preparatory courses in high school
- Enroll at a CUNY college as a full-time student within one year of graduating from high school
- Register as a full-time student each semester (except summer) and maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Attend CUNY before attending any other post secondary institution.
How long can I receive the Merit Scholarship?