Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

The Excelsior Scholarship

How do I apply?

You must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a New York State TAP application each year.

You must also submit an Excelsior Scholarship application each year by an established deadline.  New York State’s Excelsior Scholarship website will give you more information about the application process and alert you to the application period to request an Excelsior Scholarship.

All three applications must be on file for you to receive the Excelsior Scholarship. Make sure to submit your FAFSA and TAP applications as quickly as possible and stay alert to the Excelsior Scholarship deadline.

How will I know if I receive the scholarship?

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version