What are the eligibility requirements?
To be eligible for the Excelsior Scholarship, you must:
- Be a legal resident of New York State (that is, you must have lived in the State for at least 12 continuous months prior to the first term for which you are seeking payment).
- Be a US citizen, permanent resident or hold an I-94 visa as a refugee, paroled refugee or conditional entrant.
- Be enrolled in a program leading to a degree.
- Meet certain income limits.
- Have a high school diploma from a U.S. high school, a recognized GED certificate, or receive a passing score on an approved ability-to-benefit test.
- Not be in default status on a student loan made under any federal or New York State education loan program.
What are the income limits?