What are the TAP eligibility requirements?
To be eligible for TAP, you must:
- Be a legal resident of New York State (that is, you must have lived in the State for at least one year prior to the first term for which you are seeking payment).
- Be a US citizen, permanent resident or hold an I-94 visa as a refugee, paroled refugee or conditional entrant.
- Be matriculated (enrolled in a program leading to a degree).
- Be in good academic standing for New York State financial aid programs by meeting Academic Progress standards and demonstrating Program Pursuit each semester you receive TAP (see the NYS Good Academic Standing Charts).
- Meet certain income limits.
- Have a high school diploma from a U.S. high school, a recognized GED certificate, or receive a passing score on an approved ability-to-benefit test.
- Be free of debt from any defaulted federal student loan.
What are the income limits?