Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101

Grants

Loans

Federal Work-Study

Federal Pell Grant (PELL)

What if I need money at the beginning of the semester for books and transportation?

Your Federal Pell Grant is disbursed in 2 installments each semester. The first disbursement will be equal to 25% of your total scheduled award for the semester and is scheduled to coincide as closely as possible to the start of the semester so that you have a chance to purchase books and supplies in the first week of the term. The remaining 75% of your scheduled award will be disbursed several weeks later.  The amount of PELL you will receive for books and transportation depends on how much PELL is left after your tuition and fees are paid.

Visit our Pell Grant Payment Information page for more information.

What happens if I withdraw from a class or classes?

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version