What are the benefits of the FWS program?
There are a number of benefits associated with FWS participation. Some of these are:
- If you have never had a job, the FWS program can give you your first exposure to the world of work. FWS employers are often willing to give you on-the-job training.
- You can find positions relating directly to your program of study or career choice, thereby gaining valuable job experience.
- You may learn about giving something back to the community through a community service related FWS position.
- When seeking regular employment after graduation, you may use your FWS job as an employment reference.
- A FWS position can sometimes lead to a permanent job with the agency that hired them as FWS students.
Back to Federal Work-Study page