The new CLEP fee is $80.
CLEP- the College Level Examination Program – created by the College Board- allows students to demonstrate college-level achievement through a series of exams in undergraduate college courses. There are currently 2,900 colleges that grant credit and/or advanced standing for CLEP exams. BMCC is an open testing center and administers all 35 computer-based exams in its secure testing laboratory. Exams are generally scheduled every Wednesday and Friday. Students must reserve their space ahead of time to guarantee a slot.
Please Read Carefully
- CLEP fee structure: $40 registration fee per exam (no cash payment), $77 CLEP fee per exam, both are non-refundable.
- CLEP Examinee has within 48 hours to reschedule prior to taking a CLEP exam.
- Examinee will not be charged registration fees for rescheduling his/her exam the first time if rescheduled within 48hrs, examinee thereafter forfeits their registration and must re-register and pay the $40 registration fee.
- Examinee is required to bring in two forms of non-expired Picture ID, 1 State Issued (Passport, Drivers/Non-Drivers ID) and 1 other form of Picture ID (College ID, Naturalization, etc).
- Payment for CLEP is $77 per exam, which must be paid the same day with check, money order or credit card. IMPORTANT: CASH NOT ACCEPTED.
- Must arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
Policy for BMCC Students ONLY
BMCC students who obtain the credit-granting score required can earn the credits and course exemptions listed here.
CLEP requires a passing score of 50 for all exams.
For BMCC required scores, please click here
Preparing for the CLEP exam
For all of the latest study guides and information, visit the College Boards official CLEP PREP CENTER.