- About BMCC
- Offices & Services
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) let users visualize and analyze location-based data. Using GIS, we can address issues that cross discplinary boundaries, such as:
- How can we protect the NYC water supply watersheds?
- What is the best location for a new business franchise?
- How effective is stop and frisk vs. data driven community policing?
- How is the spatial relationship between asthma and communities in the Bronx?
In this half-day workshop, you will:
- Hear from BMCC and CUNY faculty who have used GIS in their teaching and reseach
- Participate in a hands-on GIS activity
- Learn about the spatial data and web-based mapping resources available through the BMCC Philip Randolph Library
- Explore how to design a geospatial activity for classes you teach
Register for this workshop:
For additional information, contact Henry Bulley.