Commonly Asked Questions

How can I pay my bill?

You may remit cash, check or money order for the amount due to the Bursar's office. Check or money orders should be made payable to "BMCC". Check or money orders may also be mailed to BMCC-Bursar Rm S330, 199 Chambers Street, New York, NY  10007. The Bursar's office will provide you with a receipt for the amount paid. Do not remit cash through the mail or the express payment slot located outside the Bursar Office. Students whose checks are returned by the bank will be subject to a $20.00 reprocessing fee and will be required to make all subsequent payments by cash or money order. Students settling a prior semester balance to obtain clearance for registration, transcript or re-admission must make payment via cash or money order for immediate clearance.

Can I pay my bill with a credit card?

You may pay online with VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER or AMERICAN EXPRESS. Please note that there is a non-refundable convenience fee charged by the vendor for this service. Credit card payments are not accepted at the Bursar's office window.

Can I pay using a debit card?

No. The vendor contracted by CUNY does not utilize the PIN-based debit card. If a debit card is used without a PIN, it is treated as a credit card transaction and a convenience fee is charged.

Can I pay online by check?

Yes, you may pay online by e-check, which electronically debits your checking account. When paying by e-check, you will be asked to enter both your checking account number (NOT your debit card number) and bank routing number. Both of these numbers appear on the front of the check. THERE IS NO FEE FOR THIS SERVICE.

When will I receive confirmation that my tuition payment has been received?

Once the transaction is complete, you will receive an email confirmation. Students are informed of credit card rejections immediately upon submission of the transaction.

What if I cannot pay my entire balance?

The City University of New York has contracted with Higher One TuitionPay to administer an INTEREST FREE tuition payment plan to all CUNY students. Several payment plan options are available depending on how early you enroll in the plan. Payment plans are offered for the FALL and SPRING semesters only. The plan is not available for Winter and Summer sessions. There is an enrollment fee charged by Sallie Mae at the time of enrollment in the plan.

How can I apply for the tuition payment plan?

Enroll online.  Visit  Click on "enroll now," choose the payment plan option that is best for you and follow the easy steps to complete your enrollment. If you have any questions about the plan, call Higher One at 1-866-267-CUNY and a specialist will be happy to assist you.

You must enroll in the plan and remit the required down payment directly to TuitionPay no later than the due date indicated on your bill. TuitionPay must receive your payment on or before the due date to insure that your bill is finalized. The remaining balance will be billed to you by TuitionPay in monthly installments according to the plan you selected. ENROLLMENT IN THE PLAN IS ONLINE ONLY.  THERE IS NO IN-PERSON ENROLLMENT IN THE PLAN.

Can I pay my bill with a Third Party Voucher?

You must provide the Bursar with a voucher authorizing the college to bill the third party agency directly. The voucher must be presented to the Bursar by the due date indicated on your bill. You are required to remit payment for any amount not covered by the third party voucher. Please note that employee reimbursement plans are not considered third party.

What happens if I fail to pay my bill by the due date?

Late fees and penalties may apply.  In addition, your registration may be subject to cancellation. The Bursar's Office staff is available to assist you with any questions you have concerning your bill payment.

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version|Make this web site talk